Betfair trading software
If you are looking at Betfair trading, then a minimum requirement will be some Betfair trading software. Using software to do your sports trading will ensure you can get in and out of the market quickly, easily and more profitably than people who are not using it. Software like Bet Angel takes this concept to a completely new level!
Getting started, here are some low cost options
Bet Angel has many versions and starts which Bet Angel Basic and Bet Angel for Betdaq, both FREE versions.
If you are new to trading then you may want to check out Bet Angel Trader. At just £6 per month, it’s a great way to get started on your Betfair trading career. Once you have the basics in hand and you feel that you want to step up to be a professional trader, you can step up to the Professional edition.
We think Bet Angel is the best Betfair trading software you can get.
But obviously, we are bound to be a little biased, but let’s examine all its key features and why it’s completely unique amongst Betfair trading software. There are very few reviews that do it justice, so read on and learn about things that make Bet Angel unique.
Why choose Bet Angel?
If you want a short cut as to why Bet Angel is unique, it was created for sports trading, rather than because of it. That’s a process that continues to this day. It’s easy to say that, but here is background to that simple statement.
Bet Angel was conceived by Peter Webb, one of Betfair’s first-ever customers and one of their most successful ever. He could see a whole world of opportunity in sports markets long before people even knew about betting exchanges. Peter had a strong background in sports betting and financial markets, before learning about betting exchanges during the dot com boom.
It was clear that trading sports markets the way you trade financial markets was potentially an interesting way to allow people to profit from their knowledge via sports trading on traditional betting markets.
The problem at the start of this journey, when the Betfair betting exchange went live in June 2000, was that none of the Betfair trading strategies or tools required actually existed. So Peter created them, Betfair trading and Bet Angel was born!
Bet Angel’s creation has been key to its long term success. It was born in an era before Betfair trading or even Betfair trading software existed. Modern concepts like keep bets and cash out didn’t exist. There wasn’t even a Betfair exchange API, the API came years later.
Most things that you see nowadays were most likely created from those earlier Betfair trading pioneers.
Bet Angel is launched
While Peter could see loads of potential, he faced a problem, the betting exchange markets were very small and there wasn’t much interest in them. Using the Betfair website was too cumbersome and limited and to slow for the real time prices that a full time trader needed. There was some basic trading software available, but it wasn’t capable of doing most of the things that existed in financial markets.
This meant that Bet Angel was initially started as a private project, purely to help Peter with the various Betfair trading strategies that he wanted to pursue. But as the software development pace increased, it was clear that more development spend was required to bring somebody in full time. The decision was made to speed up future development and Bet Angel was born as a public product open to all Betfair users.
In hindsight, the potential from trading was so big that Bet Angel probably actually never needed to be a commercial product. But as a result, since its launch, our policy shifted to one of reinvesting as much money as possible back into product development.
Therefore Bet Angel remains at the cutting edge of the industry all these years later. Bet Angel has achieved this through continuous development, innovative new features and upgrades on a regular basis. It’s a process that has driven the entire Betfair software trading market and the features you see in lots of Betfair trading software.
To keep at the very cutting edge of what’s possible, Bet Angel is constantly upgraded. If you want to know what new features we have released recently or what the current version number is. Visit the full release schedule on the forum.
Bet Angel review of key features
Most Betfair trading software offers standard features, such as
Therefore Bet Angel contains a whole host of unique features that you can rely upon to improve your edge. Whether you are trading
Before you read on, be aware Bet Angel has three main versions: Bet Angel – Trader, Bet Angel Professional and Bet Angel for Betdaq. These are the features in Bet Angel Professional. Compare the key versions on this page.
Key features of Bet Angel – Professional: –
- Practice mode / Training mode – Use all the features of Bet Angel, including the spreadsheet interface and automation without any risk to your money. All at the same time.
- Custom screen profiles and settings – Set up multiple screens, views and tailor Bet Angel to your exact needs. Then switch between profiles quickly and easily with a mouse click.
- Advanced market searching – Quickly, easily find all the markets you want using custom filters. Use logical commands and import filters to find key markets quickly.
- One-click trading screen – Fully
customisablequick betting and trading grid displaying odds horizontally. Fully design your own screen layout and add powerful custom columns.
- Global settings tool and editor – Semi automate your trading by letting the global settings take care of key elements of your trade. Create custom presets and active with one
- Custom columns – Want to act quickly on an opportunity you see? Create your own
one clickbutton to trigger a pre-set trade, some automation or a servant.
- Ladder trading screen – Completely
customisabletrading screen displaying odds vertically. Spawn multiple ladders, easy to use and very flexible and customisable.
- Quick bet tool – See an opportunity and need to act quickly? do so with the quick bet tool.
- Keyboard & gaming device shortcut editor – Speed up all your key trading functions and get your trades into the market before anybody else. Highly flexible.
- Advanced Charting – Highly flexible and
customisablecharting tool. Create, save and view your unique view of the market with just a few mouse clicks.
- Advanced Automation – Bet or trade fully automatically with this very powerful and flexible too. Works alone or in conjunction with all other elements of Bet Angel.
- Bet Angel Alerts – Scan the markets for key trading set-ups and opportunities, automatically.
- Servants – Harness the powerful combination of fully automated trading, controlled manually, with this very powerful and flexible feature.
- Manual bet screen – Want to tweak something? Use the manual bet or quick bet tool to do it, or completely redesign this screen for another purpose.
- Dutching – Back more than one selection for a pre-defined profit or stake and get a guaranteed return if one of your selection wins
Bookmaking– Only bookmakers win? Why not be one with this tool that can offer prices on all or part of the field
- Excel spreadsheet interface – The sky is the limit when you connect Bet Angel to a spreadsheet. View,
analyse,bet or trade from a spreadsheet.
- In-play trader – Very intuitive way to trade in-play markets. Using a point and click interface use a single click to nip in ahead of the action.
- Market overview – Get a quick but really deep overview of everything that is going on in the market on one screen.
- Soccer Mystic – Unique profiling tool for
footballtrading. Examine how the odds will move on a match before the match has started!
- Tennis trader – Unique profiling tool for Tennis. Examine how the odds will move on a match before the match has started. See the impact a break of server could have on a match.
- Guardian – Multi-market Management – Very powerful, true multi-market trading tool. Contains many additional features, it’s a piece of software in its own right!
- Watch lists – Quickly and easily organise and view data from key markets you are interested in. Switch instantly to a market with one click, show scores across many markets
- Custom coupons – Create your own unique view of your core markets and their secondary markets in one neat, easy to use display. Quickly switch to markets of interest.
More than just Betfair trading software
One important thing that you shouldn’t overlook with Bet Angel is we consider ourselves as more than just a bit of software. As pioneers of the whole Betfair and sports trading space, we have always had education and support at our forefront.
Most people take some time to get familiar with Betfair trading. So rather than trying to charge you as must as possible, which will eat away at your trading capital while you learn to trade. We want you to be a long term customer and will help you with high-quality support and content that exceeds what is available elsewhere, even paid services.
Peter did his first presentation on Betfair trading way back in 2004 at a financial markets event, before Bet Angel was even launched. He is still updating our educational content on a weekly basis.
If you choose to become a Bet Angel customer we will support you, not only through traditional help with using the software, but also through regular educational content via a number of sources.
Our blog contains in-depth trading advice and knowledge acquired over two decades. We also have our YouTube channel. This is also available in a curated format at Bet Angel.tv and supplemented with additional content at www.betangelacademy.com where high-quality tuition is available on a range of subjects for FREE.
Download your free trial
You will be pleased to know that we offer a free trial across both version of Bet Angel for a total of just under 30 days.
There are two versions available for you to try. Bet Angel trader and Bet Angel professional. If you are new to Betfair trading or stepping up from the Betfair sportsbook or matched betting, Bet Angel trader is a simple to use and contains most key features you would expect with most Betfair trading software. The professional edition is the full-blown, fully-featured software that a large number of the biggest professional Betfair traders had used so effectively on the Betfair and Betdaq betting exchanges.
Don’t forget to check out the Bet Angel Academy where you can learn to trade on Betfair with very high-quality content. Lots of this is available for free!